Our Story

our story banner

 

Since 1929, Living Waters Fellowship has served Two Harbors and the surrounding communities, preaching the gospel, reaching out to those in need, and welcoming the many visitors who come to enjoy the beauty of Minnesota’s North Shore.

The church began in the heart of E.C. Erickson, who had a vision to plant Pentecostal churches among the Scandinavian immigrants in northeastern Minnesota. In the late 1920’s he commissioned Clifford Wallin, a missionary to Liberia home on furlough, to assist the fledgling group in the Two Harbors area. The Two Harbors Gospel Tabernacle was organized on 17 June 1929. At first the church met in homes and later above a store on 7th Avenue. As the congregation grew, Obed Balken purchased land for a new building. Construction began in May of 1942 and was completed one year later. On 10 October 1943 the congregation voted to become part of the General Council of the Assemblies of God.

Our current pastors- Jim and Barbara Joseph have served our community since September 1990. In 1994 the church voted to change its name to Living Waters Fellowship.